Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
What is HuntControl
HuntControl is our proprietary Camera and Image management platform. HuntControl is great at helping hunters organize their SD card trail cameras and get on better hunts. We still offer SD Card plans through HuntControl (really affordable, by the way), but we wanted to allow those hunters who prefer the cellular camera to use HuntControl too. That is why we created the WiseEye DataCam. DataCams works with HuntControl right out of the box, making it the simplest and yet smartest trail camera ever.
How does the DataCam compare to other cameras?
We don’t think there is much of a comparison. We give more features, better features, better images and simpler setup than any other manufacturer.
- We don’t try to nickel and dime you for every little feature.
- We are upfront with our pricing.
- We transmit pictures that are 3-5 times larger than other trail cameras that cost much more.
- If you add up all of the extra costs that other manufacturers have we are actually one of the lower cost data plans on the market.
- Our camera is priced competitively with cameras from all other brands and is priced much lower than many cameras that are not as feature rich.
- We also transmit HD video and will automatically sort it as well.
- HuntControl is what really separates us from our competitors. Organize, Pattern, and Predict animal movements with our patented technology.
Does it matter what carrier my cell phone is with when selecting a camera?
No it does not. When purchasing a camera, choose the carrier that has the best signal at the place where you plan on using the camera.
Is DataCam ATT or Verizon?
Our DataCams use the AT&T and Verizon networks. We have had really good luck with the powerful antennas that are on the DataCam and have not had service issues even in areas where phones had trouble.
Can two cameras share the same subscription?
This one is a little difficult. Yes and No. We do give a much discounted rate for the subscription for the second (and all subsequent) cameras. However, we decided that every camera should get it’s own cellular data. This costs us more, but it provides you with a much better experience.
For example, other manufactures will sell you 5,000 pictures a month and split that between two cameras. Well if one camera takes 4000 images of hog or raccoons, that means that you only have 1000 left to split between both cameras.
We wanted you to be able to have more pictures not less. Every camera you add to your plan can upload an additional 4,500 pictures or 125 videos if you are on the Weekend Warrior plan. This way you will always have plenty of data.
Why is my camera not sending pictures?
There are many reasons your camera may not be sending pictures. The most common issues are SD card issues. Have you formatted the SD card in the camera? if so, have you tried taking a test picture? Please take a look at our “How To” section and use those instructions to help trouble shoot your camera. If you are still experiencing issues, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
What kind of batteries should I use?
The Smart Cam requires 12 AA internal batteries. It can run on only 6, but the battery life will be significantly shorter. The Mini Cam and Data Cam both run on 8 AA batteries internally. Quality Alkaline batteries are the best option for the cameras. While longer battery life can be achieved with Lithium AA batteries, they are not usually cost effective.
All of our cameras have the ability to connect to external power sources. We sell a variety of connectors to connect external batteries. Any 12V battery can power the camera. Many users use the Power Pack, which is a self contained battery pack. Other users utilize batteries such as mower batteries, ATV batteries or even auto/marine batteries. With an external power source many users are able to run the camera all year long.
How do I register/activate my cameras?
There are two main things that you need to do before you start using your camera.
- Create a subscription for your camera, or if you are an existing user, you need to update your subscription.
- Add the camera to HuntControl using the IMEI number.
To create a Subscription:
- Click Register at the top of the page.
- You then have to choose, which level of service you need, how often you would like to be billed and how many cameras you will have in the account.
- Complete the checkout process. You will be asked to create an account during checkout. Make sure to remember your login information, you will need this to access the apps and websites.
To update an already existing subscription
- Log in to your account at wiseeyetech.com/my-account
- After log in, on the Menu you should see an option for My Subscription.
- On the My Subscription page, select the option for Upgrade/Downgrade.
- On the following page, select your desired service level, billing frequency and the TOTAL number of cameras you will have in the account after adding the new cameras.
- Complete the checkout process and you and then add your Cams to HuntControl.
Adding your Cameras to HuntControl
- Login to the HuntControl 2.0 app or the website at me.huntcontrol.com
- Go the to the Camera page and select the “+Add” button. On the app select, WiseEye Camera on the pop up menu.
- On the following screen enter a name and IMEI number for the camera. The IMEI can be found on the bottom of the box or on a barcode above the screen. In the app you have the option of scanning the barcode with your camera.
How Much Does it Cost?
Using HuntControl by manually uploading images only costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 yearly.
Using HuntControl with a WiseEye DataCam starts $9 per month for our Base Plan.
If you need more than 12 cameras, you can likely qualify for our Ranch Program which starts at only $6 per camera.
What Kind of Animals can HuntControl detect?
HuntControl currently can detect Deer, Hog, Turkey, People, Vehicle, and Predators. All other pictures will be categorized as Other. You can also choose to be notified by each of these categories as well.
What kind of Trail Cameras work with HuntControl?
HuntControl works best with the WiseEye DataCams. All the pictures taken by the DataCams are automatically uploaded to HuntControl where they are sorted automatically by category and the weather info is generated.
Another option is to use SD card cameras and manually upload the images from the SD card into your HuntControl account. You get all the same patterning and predicting features with this option as well.
Can I add AT&T and Verizon model DataCams to a single account?
Yes, you can. You can have any make and model DataCams in your account at once. You can also use SD card cameras in your account for free if you are on the Base, Weekend Warrior or Trophy Hunter plan.
How does HuntControl work?
HuntControl uses a blend of Artificial Intelligence systems to perform extremely fast recognition of target species in images.
Once the animals are found in the images we automatically retrieve the weather data for the cameras location at the time that the photo was taken. We compile all of that data in to Activity Charts that are easy and quick to read and use.
How Accurate is HuntControl?
That is a difficult question to answer. We have had testing done on our model and found it to routinely perform between 90%-95% accurate on our test image sets which contain thousands of images of deer and other animals, as well as empty images. Your results may vary.
To be honest there are many factors at play and it is impossible for any system to achieve 100% accuracy. You may find your images are more accurately categorized than ours or you may find them less accurate.
We like to use the example that you have a deer that completely covers the lens of the trail camera and all you can see is brown fur. People know that the image most likely contains a deer, but we have told the computer not to categorize that image as a deer since it can not be sure.
With all of that said, we have made it as easy as possible to move your images. After uploading your images, they will be divided between animal lists such as Deer, Hog, Turkey, People, Vehicle, Predator, or they will be in the Other list. Images in any list can be moved to a different list with just two clicks. Multiple images can be moved at one time as well and all of the data travels with the image to the new list. This also means that you could sort out deer that your are not interested in such as spikes or yearlings.
Please contact us with any questions. We seek to be as open and honest as possible with our system. That’s why we wanted to offer our free trial. Try the system for yourself, if it doesn’t live up to our claims, then you have lost nothing. There will not be any pressure to buy or any annoying phone calls.
What is Antler Assist?
Antler Assist helps you find antlered deer faster in your images. Just like other forms of detection, the antler detection is not perfect, but it will give you a good start on finding your antlered deer.
You can filter your images by Buck or Doe. An antler icon will be displayed in the top left corner of the images with antlers found in them. Easily add or remove images from the Buck category by checking or unchecking the box then editing the image at the top.
Is there a contract to use HuntControl?
There is no contract required to use HuntControl. Our monthly plans can be cancelled at any time. Our Annual plans can be cancelled at any time as well. Please note that cancellation will result in immediate termination of your ability to access the images and the data.
We do not offer refunds for any of our subscriptions. We provide a free trial of the SD Card HuntControl for 2 weeks so you can try before you buy. We also can give demos of the cellular versions of HuntControl, contact us for more information.
Is there a Free Trial of HuntControl?
There is a free trial of HuntControl.
You will have access to all features and technologies, but you will be limited to use for 2 weeks before your trial is up.
How do I manage my subscription?
You can manage your account at wiseeyetech.com/my-account
Once logged in there you can:
- Upgrade/Downgrade your subscription
- Put your subscription On Hold
- Cancel your account
- Restart your On-Hold subscription
- Change your payment method
- View your order and payment history